If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about the door. You open it when you need to go in or out, and that’s pretty much the end of it. But what if there was more to your door than meets the eye? What if you could use it to make your life a little easier?
Well, believe it or not, there is a lot more to your door than meets the eye. You can use it to automate your LED lights, making them turn on when you enter the room.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to make led lights turn on when door opens. We will also provide tips for choosing the right LED lights and door sensors. Keep on reading!
5 Advantages of Automating Your LED Lights
There are numerous benefits to automating your LED lights, including:
- Convenience: No longer do you have to fumble for the light switch in a dark room. Your lights will automatically turn on when you enter the room.
- Efficiency: Automation can help save energy by only turning on the lights when they’re needed and turning them off when they’re not in use.
- Improved safety: The automatic lighting turns on before you even enter the room, making it easier for you to navigate and reducing the possibility of accidents or tripping hazards in dark rooms.
- Enhanced security: Automatic lighting can deter intruders as any movement will trigger the lighting to turn on, potentially alerting you to their presence.
- Increased home value: Automation is a sought-after feature in homes, making your property more attractive to potential buyers.
What Tools You’ll Need?
In order to automate your LED lights, you will need:
- LED lights: Make sure they are compatible with the automation system you plan on using
- Door sensors: These detect when the door opens and closes and send signals to turn on or off the lights
- Automation system: This could be a smart home hub or app that allows you to control and connect all of your devices
- Motion sensors (Optional): These can also turn on the lights as you enter a room, in addition to the door sensor.
Process: How to Make Led Lights Turn on When Door Opens
- Install your LED lights and door sensors. Make sure they are all compatible with the automation system you’re using.
- Connect the lights and door sensors to the automation system, following instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Test out the automation by opening and closing the door to see if it triggers the light to turn on or off. Make any necessary adjustments before finalizing the setup.
- Enjoy the added convenience and efficiency of automating your LED lights!
What Types of Led Lights Can You Use to Automate When Door Opens?
Almost any type of LED light can be used in automation, including ceiling lights, wall sconces, and even strip lights. Make sure to choose energy-efficient LED lights for added efficiency benefits.
- Puck Lights
- LED Strip lights
- Battery-Operated Lights
- Motion Sensor Lights
Choosing Door Sensors
When selecting door sensors, consider factors such as the range of the sensor (how far away it can detect movement), wireless connectivity, battery life, and design. Make sure it is also compatible with your automation system.
Automating your LED lights is a simple and effective way to add convenience, efficiency, safety, and even security to your home. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily make led lights turn on when door opens. So what are you waiting for? Start automating today!